This Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger / Paratrooper Badge (Fallschirmschützenabzeichen) is a high-quality reproduction of an original badge.
It was established in 1936 and awarded to Luftwaffe troops that completed parachute training and six jumps. A cloth version of this badge is authorized to wear on flight jackets. Luftwaffe Airborne troops were required to requalify for the badge every year
Waffen-SS troops of the 500, 501, and 502 SS Parachute Battalions also wore the Luftwaffe badge. Between 1939 and 1943, Heer Parachute units wore the same badge. In 1943, an Army Parachutist Badge was reestablished.
The badge measures 2 1/8 inches by 1 5/8 inches.