This WWII Tank Destroyer mug is a 18oz. high-quality ceramic cup or mug, which measures approximately 3.5″ in height x 5.9″ diameter. Modeled after an original cup in our collection, the Tank Destroyer insignia appears on a white ceramic mug, which makes a notable impression while using or in a display. It’s believed that this china was used at Fort Hood.
In 1942 the Tank Destroyer Tactical and Firing Center was opened at Camp Hood in Killeen, Texas. At the height of the war, 95,000 troops were stationed at Camp Hood. Tank Destroyers, armored half-tracks with mobile anti-tank guns, were needed to counter Blitzkrieg hardened Panzer units. Plenty of wide open space was required to train tank destroyer units, and Texas seemed to fit the bill. By 1944, however, an infantry replacement center replaced the tank destroyer school at Camp Hood.
This drinkware is dishwasher and microwave safe.