This is a reproduction of the original IMCO trench lighter.
Julius Meister & Company was founded in 1907 in Austria and produced brass buttons for the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Production of the “trench” lighter started as early as 1918. The first lighters were made from reclaimed brass, thus their nickname as trench lighters.
These lighters found their way into the hands of the British and American Doughboys before they returned home from the war.